We are committed to the safety and well-being of students, faculty, and staff, as you prepare to return to campus in the fall. We have implemented additional safety processes and protocols to help ensure the safety of campus operations.
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- CLEANING: Our sanitation standards and controls have always been industry-leading and the Covid-19 protocols we’ve layered in raises the bar even higher. Our systems and controls are designed to ensure that all equipment, areas and spaces are maintained at the highest level. Our products (detergents, sanitizers and disinfectants) have the highest possible efficacy ratings. Each associate receives extensive and ongoing training and utilizes our proprietary “Day-At-A-Glance Tool” to guide them through specific cleaning requirements for every station and space.
- HIGH TOUCH CLEANING: Per CDC guidelines – each location has identified all surfaces and items that are at higher risk of coronavirus contamination (door handles, light switches, condiment stations, etc.) and have implemented
- EQUIPMENT: All equipment utilized in cleaning and sanitation, including dishwashers, glass cleaners, chemical dispensers, etc. are checked multiple times per day for correct temperatures, concentrations and functionality.
- CDC Covid-19 Guidelines
- HAND HYGIENE: The most important Covid mitigation practice remains proper hand hygiene. We have provided our students and guests with Increased availability of hand wash stations, hand sanitizer, ‘no-touch’ service options and targeted signage and communication to promote hand hygiene. Our employees receive Substantial and ongoing hand hygiene training, an increased schedule of mandatory hand washing and appropriate use of PPE (gloves).
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Increased signage, floor graphics and traffic flow patterns are in place to encourage our students and guests to practice social distancing. Where allowed, socially distanced seating areas are also established and maintained. Our employees also have assigned work spaces and schedules to encourage social distancing whenever possible. In areas with increased close contact where social distancing is not always possible (cashier stands, etc.), many accounts have installed plexi-glass an enhanced layer of protection.
- FACIAL COVERINGS: ALL employees, managers and vendors must wear facial coverings at all times while in our locations. Approved facial coverings are issued at the start of each semester and replaced as needed. Face shields have also been provided in key circumstances where additional protection is required (including quarantine and isolation meal deliveries).
- EMPLOYEE HEALTH: Our employees understand the team effort required to keep our students, guests and team-mates safe in this challenging environment. Each employee confirms daily that they have not travelled to restricted areas or knowingly been exposed to anyone with the virus. They also confirm that they are not experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 (coughing, fever, shortness of breath, etc.). Every employee and vendor also undergoes a daily temperature check as soon as they arrive. In the unfortunate incidence of a case in our facility (guest or employee), we follow all CDC guidelines on contract tracing and space disinfection to ensure we’re doing all we can to mitigate the spread of the virus.
- Product Safety
- VENDORS & SUPPLIERS: All vendors and suppliers must pass stringent safety and sanitation requirements to gain and maintain approval. Additional controls will be placed on vendor deliveries to ensure the safe transfer of all products.
- FOOD SAFETY: Standards for food receipt, storage, handling and preparation are very detailed and specific. Each step of the process is monitored and documented so that quality, temperature control, and contamination risks are managed at all times.
We are here to answer any of your questions: Contact Us
During this unprecedented time, Clemson Home Dining has taken a variety of measures to help ensure the safety of our guests and our staff. Masks are required to be worn in all Clemson University buildings, including dining locations, by all guests and staff. Dining staff receives a Q&A style health screening, and a temperature check before their shift begins. All food service staff are also required to wash their hands and change their gloves every 20 minutes. In addition, floor attendants are working to clean and sanitize areas after guests leave.
Social distancing will be a key element to a successful semester, and our dining venues have been adapted following CDC and South Carolina DHEC guidelines and recommendations. Seating has been removed to accommodate seats being 6ft apart, providing around 400 total seat at McAlister Dining Hall, around 240 total seats at Schilletter, and around 150 total seats at the Community Hub at Douthit Hills. Current occupancy for these three spaces can be found on the my.Clemson app. Most retail dining locations are available with limited seating capacity. All dining locations are cashless, and provide a contactless payment option with all transactions.
- Avoid entering a dining locations if they feel generally unwell
- Maintain a minimum of 6-foot distance
- Sneeze or cough into a cloth or tissue
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact
Meals for Students in Quarantine/Isolation
Wellness Meals: Beginning with the day after entering quarantine/isolation, students will receive one delivery each day consisting of prepared wellness meals for lunch and dinner. For food safety, Wellness Meals are delivered chilled for students to warm up whenever they desire. If a student has a food allergy or follows a specific diet, the students should notify housing upon check-in so these meals can be accommodated.
Wondering what's being served? Wellness Meal menus can be found here.
All Wellness Meal bags will be label with their delivery date and safety instructions. For food safety, all meals should be consumed or discarded within 48 hours of delivery.
Supplemental Meal Boxes: All students in quarantine/isolation will receive a 7-day Supplemental Meal Box upon their first day in quarantine/isolation, then upon request. Students will received a standard box, or a box that has accommodated a specific allergy or diet.
Supplemental Meal Boxes include breakfast, snack and beverage items such as: Grits, Oatmeal, Fruit Cups, Apple Sauce, Granola Packs, Snack Bars, Muffins, Pop-Tarts, Assorted Cereal, Horizon Milk, Tuna Salad, Chicken Salad, Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, Ramen, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Loaf of Bread, Water, Drink Mix
Coming Soon – Tiger Treats: Coming soon is our Tiger Treats program! Tiger Treats is designed for Clemson students in university Quarantine/Isolation housing to get some additional or specific food/snacks. Using the Grubhub app, pick from a variety of treats from our on-campus Village Market to be delivered to your door during your time in university quarantine/isolation housing!